IT’S TIME FOR DEMOCRACY!
We will not solely be selecting our local representatives with this election. We will also be making a choice between either continuing with this corrupt centrist order and or building self-government through establishing free and democratic local municipalities. It’s time to build the egalitarian and democratic peoples’ democratic government; to take a stance against the governing and the main opposition parties who aim to paint this country black.
THOSE WHO DID NOT LEAVE GEZI PARK TO THE HANDS OF PLUNDERERS WILL CLAIM THEIR CITIES TOO!
To get out of this vicious cycle that has entrapped us between bad and worse…
To defend what belongs to the society, give it life and flourish it…
To build a life together as equals and in peace…
To rid injustice and discrimination off of politics…
VOTE FOR HDP!
YOU DESERVE A LIVABLE CITY!
THE CITY IS YOURS!
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO LOCAL DEMOCRACY
* Local democracy is a must! For HDP, democratic local governance is a process that starts on the streets and develops into organizations of local assemblies; which centers around the principle that the people has the right to speak and authority to take and execute decisions on issues concerning themselves. If local governments are weak, not self-governed or democratic, the regime in place is not a well-functioning democracy.
* We do not follow an artificial agenda, or make grand promises but focus on the real-life struggles of the people and policies that target a better future. We have been giving this fight for years.
* We are not of the corrupt ones. We suggest establishing a fully transparent and inclusive, pluralistic, democratic and productive local governing model to put an end to this corrupt order in place. We believe this model will be the foundation of a real democratic order in Turkey. Because THE CITY IS YOURS!
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEMOCRATIC MUNICIPILATIES
* We can achieve peace and justice only through politics that puts the benefit of the people as its top priority. We believe in a local government that serves the working class; not the capitalist, contractors or the big corporations.
* We do not believe that turning our cities into big construction sites deserves applause. Sustainable development cannot be achieved through “crazy projects” that devastate he environment or through further pumping of the chaotic bubbles we call cities today. Sustainable development can be achieved through developing an economy that produces and distributes equally and increases the quality of life for all the members of our cities. We believe that the resources should be used for everyone who lives in these cities, not for a selected few. Because THE CITY IS YOURS!
LOCAL DEMOCRACY FREES YOU!
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE FREE AND EQUALLY IN YOUR CITY
* A local government cannot disregard its citizens’ native language, religious beliefs or cultures. HDP will recognize all its citizens’ right to benefit from municipality resources and services in their native languages. HDP will work to create space for everyone to exercise religious and cultural activities and ceremonies.
* The struggle of the women and the discrimination against women in this country is a well- and long-acknowledged fact. The foundation of our understanding of local governance is built on our struggle to rid sexism off of our lives and achieve equal representation of women.
*HDP municipalities will put an end to the discrimination against LGBTQ individuals and fight against the social stigma against LGBTQ communities. Because THE CITY IS YOURS!
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO A MUNICIPILATY THAT IS FOR THE PEOPLE
* How can we create a happy city unless we can make room for our kids, the elderly, the sick and the handicapped in the city? A local government should prioritize the use of its resources for people in need at first; not for more buildings, shopping malls or for more concrete. Skyscrapers or shopping mall cannot turn a city with homeless kids living on the streets into a modern one. HDP will prioritize those in need in while drafting its social policies. Because THE CITY IS YOURS!
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT AND THE PROTECTION OF THE NATURE
* The world we live in does not belong to us and is not for us to devastate its resources. The forests, birds, flowers and the bugs of this planet have their rights too; as the nature has its own balance and order in place. We will protect this order.
* HDP will build eco-friendly cities for ours kids who grew up not knowing what it is like to touch the earth, have a fresh breath of air and deserve to live in a peaceful, green city.